Mystic Spirit Design

Karen

Karen
Karen in Tucson

Bill

Bill
Bill at Edmonton Art Walk

The First Door

The First Door
Karen standing if front of the door to the upper world.

Mario and Karen at the Second Door

Mario and Karen at the Second Door

The Third Door

The Third Door
The door to the underworld was left open on top. This is where our undesirable aspects are and so a way out was left.

The Snake Carving

The Snake Carving

Lama in the stones.

Lama in the stones.
Mario points out the lama. The triangular stone is the bundle on the lama's back.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hello all! Bill and I decided to post these blogs in order to keep our clients up to date with what we are doing. We have had a very hectic summer, doing the local Nelson markets, seeing old friends and customers and also travelling to Alberta to do shows there. We did the Edmonton Folk Festival for the first time and, I must say, it was awesome. The music was wonderful and I came back with many CD's of artists I already had heard and some new ones - particularly two from England, the Peat Bog Faeries and Bellowhead. We met alot of vendors from Vancouver to Winnipeg who all came together under the Folk Fest's vendor tent - we perspired together in 39 C heat! Our jewellery was very wonderfully received by the Edmonton folk and we have received several follow up orders, which we always welcome.

September for us will be a very busy time - we have another trip to Alberta planned for the Body Soul Spirit Show in Calgary. The BSS shows have become high points in our market calendar - they give us a chance to meet with our Alberta clients and also give us the opportunity to re-connect with the other vendors. Very tiring! as the hours are long. But alot of fun and very inspiring.

I will be taking my artistic bent to another level starting on Monday - I have enrolled in the Kootenay Art Therapy Institute programme to qualify as an art therapist. I will be combining my artistic side with my psychological training in a new and different way which I am very much looking forward to.


No comments: